13 Essential Items for Your Teen's Locker Emergency Kit
Heading back to school is already difficult — especially starting middle or high school. This kit is perfect for every girl to keep in her locker all year long and it's cheap to put together.
Add these items to your next shopping list and your teen (or tween) will be ready to tackle the school year.
1. Bag: First things first — a cute bag or container (a large makeup bag or pencil box will do the trick) for all of the items is key. Lockers already get messy enough, so it's important to be able to keep everything contained.
2. Tissues: Powering through and going to school while you have a cold is hard enough. Having to get up in class every few minutes to grab a tissue makes it worse. Throw a mini pack in your backpack on those days when your runny nose is getting the best of you.
3. Mophie Powerstation Plus 12000 with Switch-Tip Cable: This handy device can save the day when you forget to charge your phone overnight. Plug your phone into the Powerstation and leave it in your locker for a couple hours to charge so that when you need to call mom for a ride home after practice you're good to go.
4. Floss: Because who wants to walk around with food in their teeth all day?
5. Bobby Pins: Sometimes your hair just won't do what you want it to. Keep a pack of spare bobby pins handy for those days when they fall out during gym class or you just need to pin back flyaways.
6. Chapstick: It's one of those things that you don't miss until you don't have it. In other words, it's more important than you realize. Keep a spare.
7. Mints: Maybe onions on your burger wasn't such good idea at lunch today. But don't worry, you're covered with an extra pack of mints (because taking gum out in class means the whole pack will be gone the second your friends notice).
8. Deodorant: Did gym class get a little intense today? This one doesn't need much explaining.
9. Pen: Keep a couple spare pens and pencils handy because they somehow disappear faster than anything else in your backpack.
10. Tide To Go Stain Remover: Those spills at lunch, your leaky pen, the messy science experiment — there are bound to be times you'll need this handy pen.
11. Safety Pins: For the one day where your button pops off, now you're prepared.
12. Hair Ties: Because the one in your hair is going to snap at some point and it's good to have spares.
13. Oil Absorbing Sheets: What teenager doesn't struggle with oily skin? These sheets blot away that oil and shine while leaving makeup in place.