‘Goosebumps the Musical’ to Haunt Arkansas Arts Center Children's Theatre
It's getting a little spooky in here.
"Goosebumps the Musical: Phantom of the Auditorium" is coming to the Arkansas Arts Center Children's Theatre from Oct. 27-Nov. 12.
Adapted from R. L. Stine’s "Phantom of the Auditorium," this weird and wacky musical follows Zeke, Brooke and all the other young thespians at Woods Mill Middle School as they put on the best musical ever. But be prepared for a goose-bumpy ride from first auditions to opening night as things go mysteriously awry.
The show takes the stage every Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m. from Oct. 27-Nov. 12. Tickets range from $10-$12.50. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
Several special events are taking place along with the show:
- "Pay What You Can" preview night is 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 26. Tickets must be purchased in person at the Arkansas Arts Center from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Stephens Inc. Visitors Center, or from 6-6:45 p.m. at the Children's Theatre Box Office, Lower Lobby Level. The maximum "pay what you can" ticket purchase is six tickets per person and additional tickets can be purchased at regular price.
- Opening Night Halloween Hot Dog Roast is from 5–6:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27. Head to the Lower Lobby courtyard before the 7 p.m. performance to enjoy hot dogs and veggie dogs, chips, snacks and creative coloring activities. Tickets must be purchased separately from the show. $10 for members, $12.50 for non-members.
- Goosebumps Costume Party takes place at noon on Saturday, Oct. 28. Head to the courtyard for cookie decorating, spooky masks and more. Tickets must be purchased separately from the 2 p.m. performance. $10 for members, $12.50 for non-members.
- Parents, this one is for you. Head to "Adult Night" on Thursday, Nov. 2 at 6 p.m. Meet up in the Lower Lobby Lecture Hall before the 7 p.m. performance and walk down memory lane with '90s snack foods, candy, toys and specialty drinks. $10 for members, $20 for non-members.
- Pajama Night at the theatre is Friday, Nov. 3 at 7 p.m. Stickers are available at the Box Office before the show for children (and parents!) wearing pajamas. Regular admission ($10 for members, $12.50 for non-members) applies for this show.
- Nov. 4 is a special afternoon at the theatre: the show at 2 p.m. will be an ASL interpreted peformance. Visit the Box Office before the show for seating assistance.
For details on the shows coming up in remainder of the 2017-18 Arkansas Arts Center Children's Theatre season, click here.