Little Rock Family Field Trip Guide: Arkansas State Capitol
To schedule a guided tour of the Capitol, call the Visitor Services Specialist, at 501-682-5080. Free guided tours of the building are offered at the top of the hour Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., except for the noon lunch hour. Tours last about an hour.
Visiting the Capitol
- Students will tour the Capitol Rotunda, Governor’s Reception Room, Old Supreme Court Room, Senate/House Galleries and Treasurer’s Office, provided that all rooms are available.
- Check out our scavenger hunt tour options on our website for a more hands-on, cross-curricular tour experience!
- Take a self-guided tour of the Capitol Mall grounds. Enjoy and learn about the many monuments as well as the flora and fauna.
- Hungry? Bring sack lunches to eat under some shade trees at our picnic tables or visit our newly renovated café, 500 Grill, in the Lower Level of the Capitol. Bringing a group? Please call ahead and make your reservation by contacting the café at 501-683-3685.
- Can’t make it to the Capitol Building? Try one of the virtual tours on our website!
Plan Your Visit
Address: 500 Woodlane St., Little Rock
Website: SOS.Arkansas.gov |
Cost per person: Free.
Age range: All ages.
Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays; 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. weekends
A Special Advertising Section