When gift lists stretch a mile long and kids want to get involved in the gifting as well, DIY projects can save the day.
The Christmas season can put a strain on the budget. When gift lists stretch a mile long and kids want to get involved in the gifting as well, DIY projects can save the day.
If your little ones are looking for ways to surprise friends and family members with thoughtful holiday presents, here are 25 ideas for gifts they can make themselves (with a little help from mom and dad).
1. Christmas ornaments.
2. Photo book.
3. Watercolor bookmark.
4. Wind chime.
5. Painted stone paperweight.
6. Fleece knot blanket.
7. Beaded bracelet or necklace.
8. Sugar scrub (find a recipe on Pinterest).
9. Clay Jewelry Dish.
10. Bottle cap magnets.
11. Decorated pen/pencil cup.
12. Felt coaster.
13. Stamped wrapping paper.
14. Baked goods.
15. Small plant in a painted pot.
16. Mug sleeve knitted or made from an old sock.
17. Hot chocolate mix.
18. Tie-dyed clothing.
19. Notebook with personalized cover.
20. Potholder made on a mini loom.
21. Painted mug or plate (make one at Painted Pig).
22. Napkin rings.
23. Fridge magnets using felt or Shrinky Dinks.
24. Beaded key chain.
25. Mini snow globe.