Little Rock-Area Closures, Postponements and Information on Free Meals
We are working to collect the latest closures and postponements for area schools, events and other public places throughout the area. Editor’s note: This is a developing story, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further information on any closures or changes to an upcoming family-friendly event.
On March 19, Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott, Jr. mandated that all Little Rock restaurants and bars move to take out, curbside and home delivery. You can still support local by ordering take out from your favorite restaurants. Check out this list to find out how to treat your family to a delicious meal. Or find out how you can order a gift card here.
School Closures and Food Information
Lunches for Students
Free lunches will be available for all area students every day of the week, regardless of the school they attend. Here's meal information from each area district:
Want to help?
Be Mighty Little Rock, a citywide campaign to connect kids and teens 18 and under to free meals, is accepting donations here.
You can learn more about how to help the Arkansas Food Bank here.
Ronald McDonald House, a charity that provides meals for families with Arkansas Children's Hospital patients, is accepting donations and grocery deliveries while they suspend their volunteer-based Supper Club. Learn more and donate here.
All public and most private and charter schools in Arkansas - closed through the school year.
Area colleges including Arkansas Baptist College, Hendrix College, Philander Smith College, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, University of Central Arkansas have all moved to remote learning until further notice or the end of the semester.
- CALS - closed through May 11; canceled all further meeting room bookings and programs through Saturday, May 9, 2020.
- Laman Library System in North Little Rock - closed until further notice.
Public Place Closures
- Clinton Presidential Center - closed until further notice.
- Heifer Village and Urban Farm - closed through April 17.
- Museum of Discovery - closed until further notice.
- The Wonder Place - closed until further notice.
- Little Rock Zoo - closed until further notice.
- DEFY Trampoline Park - closed until further notice.
- Historic Arkansas Museum - guided tours and access to historic homes suspended until further notice; grounds remain open.
- Altitude Trampoline Park - closed until futher notice.
- Movie Tavern - closed until further notice.
- Arkansas State Parks - programming suspended; grounds remain open.
- Simmons Bank Arena - closed until further notice.
May 15: The March of Dimes March for Babies is now a virtual event.
Every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.: Little Beginnings Pre-K programs at the Old State House have moved to live stream format.
- Original date March 12-14: CALS Book Sale - new date TBD.
- Original date March 12-15: “Junie B. Jones - The Musical” at The Studio Theatre - new date TBD.
- Original date March 13: TobyMac at Simmons Bank Arena - new date 8/14.
- Original date March 14: Cher at Simmons Bank Arena - new date 9/20.
- March 14 & 15: “Tribute to the Queen of Soul: Aretha Franklin” - new date October 24 -25.
- Original date March 21: Corvette Car Show at the Outlets at Little Rock - new date TBD.
- Junior Naturalists Camp at Wildwood Park for the Arts rescheduled for June 1-5
- Original date March 27-April 5: "Godspell" at Wildwood Park for the Arts - new date May 29-31.
- Original date April 3: Eggshibition - new date TBD.
- Original date April 19: "Baby Shark Live!" at Simmons Bank Arena - new date October 28.
- Original date April 23-26: Six Bridges Book Festival - new date TBD.
- Original date May 9: Poppy's Party - new date November 7.
- All Movie Tavern Kids Dream Series screenings until further notice.
- All KIDS CLUB at Whole Foods programs until LRSD schools re-open.
- Starting March 27: All Easter Bunny events and photo ops at McCain Mall
- March 14: 21st Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- March 14: Alpacapalooza at Heifer International
- March 14: Little Rock Citywide Cleanup Kick-Off Event
- March 14: Little Rock Christian Academy Warrior Run 5K
- March 21: North Little Rock Friends of Animals Adoption and Donation at McCain Mall
- April 2-5: Disney on Ice "Dream Big"