15 Ideas for a Refreshing Family Weekend
With a whole lot of staying at home, making the weekends feel … well … like a weekend can be challenging. We hope a few of our ideas will help you refresh and relax over the next couple of day!
1. Share the love!
On Friday, you can wear blue in honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month. Learn more here.
2. Order Take Out
We’ve put together a list of 16 family-friendly takeout options. Skip cooking and the mess while supporting your favorite local restaurants.
3. Virtually Stay Connected with your Local Favorites
- Go on a virtual tour at the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum Friday-Sunday at noon.
- Check out storytime with Ranger Rebecca at Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site Saturday live at 11 a.m.
- Take a dance class with Ballet Arkansas. Or stream “Sleepy Hollow” April 4 or 5 as part of their Encore program.
- Build a tunnel system, rocket ship, cave or [fill in whatever your kids imagine] with cardboard boxes. Enter your creation in the Museum of Discovery Cardboard Construction Project. Contest has been extended through April 8! Find details here.
- Attend virtual keeper talks at the Little Rock zoo. They’ll be streaming every day at 2 p.m. indefinitely.
- Tune in to Arkansas Symphony Orchestra Bedtime with Bach sessions.
- Text in a request to the The Pink Piano Show with Cliff & Susan.
- Learn some blacksmith skills from The Historic Arkansas Museum.
- Flow through a beginners yoga class on The Arkansas Yoga Collective’s channel.
- Join the Arkansas Arts Center Amplified new Facebook group for art projects, watch parties and more.
- Snuggle in for a story time with your favorite CALS librarians.
For even more activities ideas, we’ve got a few other options (make that 105).
4. Check out a New Campsite
Take a trip to explore a new corner of the state. Camp Arkansas just released the first-ever comprehensive map of Arkansas campsites. Check it out here.
5. Get Outside
We asked an early childhood educator for ideas to get us outside and moving as a family, and we love her tips!