Healthy & Delicious: Fresh Recipes from Stephanie Newcomb
Looking for a new dinner option? Thanks to Stephanie Newcomb at Unleashed Health & Fitness, we’ve got two tasty and healthy recipes to share.
Newcomb is a personal trainer and health coach in Little Rock and runs her website, UnleashedHF.com, where she posts fitness tips and a wide variety of recipes.
First up are her light and tasty fish tacos! The fish in this recipe can also double as fish sticks, so if your kids would rather just chow down on those while you enjoy a fancy taco, you can skip the assembly and let them dive right in.
For dessert, try a much cleaner and healthier version of the classic sugar cookie and add some berries on the side to finish it off.
Keep up with Newcomb on Instagram @UnleashedHF for more of her recipes.
• 1/2 cup almond flour
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (can use gluten-free)
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 3 fish filets
For Taco Assembly
• Siete Foods tortillas
• Mashed avocado
• Purple cabbage
• Siete Foods habanero sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the fish into 1-inch strips.
- Beat eggs and lemon juice together.
- Place the flour in a separate bowl.
- Mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, paprika and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip the fish strip in the flour bowl, then the egg bowl, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Lay the strips on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through baking.
- Warm your tortillas and then assemble each taco, filling them with fish sticks, avocado, purple cabbage and habanero sauce. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Sugar Cookie Stack
• 1/2 cup arrowroot
• 1 cup tigernut flour
• 2 scoops Vital Protein powder
• 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/3 cup coconut oil
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
• 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
• Strawberries for topping (optional)
• Coconut Cult chocolate mousse for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Stir and smash the dough with a spoon.
- Use a scooper to scoop out balls of dough and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wet a fork and lightly smash the balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Top with strawberries and Coconut Cult chocolate mousse for a seriously yummy and healthy dessert!