Love to Grow: A Succulent Valentine's Day Craft
Say “be vine” to this kid-friendly project. This easy Valentine’s Day craft makes a plantastic gift for the teachers, grandparents and friends in your life.
Check out these local spots to gather supplies.
• Succulents from Phantom Palm.
• Custom planter bowls from The Painted Pig Studio.
• Rocks + succulent potting soil from The Good Earth.
• Pink aquarium gravel from The Fish Tank.
• Cardstock from The Social Type
Kids will love getting their hands dirty as they help assemble these custom planters.
- Fill bottom of planter with small rocks to help water drain.
- Fill planter 3/4 full of succulent potting soil.
- Plant the succulent and gently fill the rest of the planter with soil.
- Top soil with pink aquarium gravel.
- Create your card with paper of your choice and use a wooden skewer to secure it.
Succulent Care Tips:
Follow these rules of (green) thumb to keep these cuties thriving.
• Pick the Right Plants: Succulents that are mostly green will do the best indoors.
• Water Correctly: Soak the soil when watering, then let it dry out completely before watering again. A tablespoon or two once a week should do it!
• Place in the Sun: Try to put your plants by a sunny, south-facing window to best simulate their native habitat.