7 FUN Ideas for Father's Day Weekend
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! Check out these local activities to help celebrate + spend time with your family this weekend. (Pssst, if you need last minute gifts, check our gift guide!)
Our June issue was focused on outdoor fun, and we think dad might appreciate one or two of these activities.
- Grilling Tips and Tricks: Cooking outside always feels a little more like recreation than work. Treat dad to perfect wings, burgers or even a pizza with our tips, tricks and recipes.
- Tackling a Family Fishing Trip: There are plenty of places for your kids to cast their first line right here in Little Rock. Check out the feature for packing must-haves, tips and a list of family-friendly fishing ponds.
- Family Favorites: If dad wants to go out, take him out! Try one of our 2020 Family Favorite spots for brunch, dessert or burgers!
On a Schedule
These events are local, online or social distance-approved.
1. Celebrate Men’s Health Week with the AU Foundation
As we celebrate the important men in our life, don’t forget that June is Men’s Health Month. The Arkansas Urology (AU) Foundation is organizing several awareness events this week. Learn more about the foundation’s efforts in our state, including increased access to care to underserved communities.
The Library Kitchen and Lounge Men’s Health Benefit Night
Sneak out for a date night! 50% of the night's proceeds will go to the AU Foundation to help promote and provide free health screenings for men around the state.
When: Thursday | 4 - 10 p.m.
Where: 313 President Clinton Avenue in the River Market
- Wear Blue Day
Wear blue to show concern for the health and wellbeing of boys and men.
- Men's Health Month Bridge Lighting
Little Rock's three illuminated bridges will light up blue in honor of Men's Health Month. Take a joyride to check out these local landmarks all dressed in blue.
When: Friday-Sunday | 5 p.m. - midnight
Where: Main Street, Junction and Clinton Presidential Park bridges
2. Take in the Virtual 62nd Annual Delta Exhibition
Featuring work by 63 exceptional regional artists, the 62nd Annual Delta Exhibition is on view beginning June 19. This long-running and prestigious exhibition addresses identity, place, history, heritage and power.
When: Friday | 10 - 11 a.m.
Where: Delta Exhibition Event page
3. Check out Juneteenth Live! hosted by Mosaic Templars Cultural Center
You are invited to be a part of Arkansas history by joining in the first online Juneteenth celebration. MTCC will have national and local entertainers, interactive activities for families at home and messages from community members around the state.
When: Saturday | 5 - 8 p.m.
Where: MTCC Facebook page
This family friendly event will feature food trucks, drinks and live entertainment. Seating will be available on the patio or you can bring your own picnic blanket. Call 501-916-2294 or info@RTVWine.com for more information.
When: Sunday | 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Where: 10 Rusty Tractor Lane, Little Rock