25 Ways to Pack Spring Break with Fun
A whole week without school! Have no fear. We’ve got 25 suggestions of activities, camps and places to visit to keep your kids busy from March 18-22.
1. Free art classes each day at the Clinton Center for pre-K through 12th grade students.
2. Spring Break Camp at The Rep teaches kids about theater, design, music and movement.
3. Catch a spring break matinee of “Charlotte’s Web” at the Arkansas Arts Center Children’s Theatre.
4. Little Brushes Kids Art Camp at Pinot’s Palette includes painting, mosaics, printmaking, puzzle design and more.
5. Burn off some energy at Third Realm, featuring a ninja obstacle course, trampolines and more.
6. Rent kayaks from Rock Town River Outfitters and take older kids out on the water.
7. Play mini golf, try a ropes course and drive the go-karts at Big Rock Fun Park.
8. Ride the Rock Region Metro trolley downtown.
9. Tour the Arkansas State Capitol — reserve a timeslot online.
10. Visit Heifer’s Urban Farm and see pigs, goats, alpacas, chickens and turkeys.
11. Check out the Old State House Museum’s revamped “First Ladies of Arkansas” exhibit.
13. Visit the library for free storytimes, classes, Lego free play, music and more.
14. Explore the Museum of Discovery’s “Tape & Tunnels” exhibit (seen above) before its last day on March 24.
16. Visit more than 20 dinosaurs at the nearly new Oaklawn Foundation DinoTrek at Mid-America Science Museum.
17. Step back in time with special programming at Historic Arkansas.
18. Climb aboard a submarine at the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum.
19. Learn about Arkansas history at MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History.
20. Spring Break Day Camp at Ferncliff Camp & Conference Center will have your kids wiped out by the end of each day.
21. Junior Naturalist Spring Break Camp at Wildwood Park for the Arts includes outdoor games, hiking and more.
22. Witt Stephens Jr. Central Arkansas Nature Center has special, animal-focused programming Tuesday through Friday.
23. Kids ages 3-6 can attend a Little Wild Ones hands-on class at Pinnacle Mountain State Park from 10-11 a.m. Thursday.
24. Enjoy special programming for the whole family from Tuesday through Friday at Toltec Mounds Archeological State Park.
25. Take guided hikes, play nature games and more at Petit Jean State Park.